Saturday 15 March 2014

Dinglehopper is a legitimate word, right??

Second blog post of the day! Yay!

As promised, here is the update on my Instagram Alphabet :)


Here's D! It got a suprisingly large amount of likes, which made me very happy of course :) In this collage you can see my Diary, Daisy(by Marc Jacobs and by my sister), Dutch Tea, a DVD and a Dinglehopper.

I've got quite the pretty diary, don't I? It was given to me by one of my head teachers on the day of my father's cremation with the message to write my thoughts down in there. At first it just caught dust on my bookshelf but eventually I started writing more and more and I've become quite fond of it. It's a diary, but it's not like I sit down to write in it every single day. I just write in it when I think something is worth remembering, be it events, words or thoughts. To be honest, though, it's been a while since I took the time to write in it... For I have been really busy with other things lately. (I know, that's not a valid excuse...)

Daisy, Daisy, Daisy! I LOVE Daisy, and then I'm talking about both the fragrance and the flower. Story time! So I got this 50 ml bottle of Daisy by Marc Jacobs from my mother on my fifteenth birthday, because I simply wanted it so badly. I was first introduced to Marc Jacobs' lovely fragrances by my best friend and perfume junky Anne-Floor, who took me to perfumeries and sprayed Daisy into my scarf. It has become something like a shopping habit, actually! Every city we go to together, we stop by at a shop that sells Marc Jacobs and spray on the testers. (You can find it literally everywhere: We even managed to get some in a little village called Segovia, in Spain) To anyone who's never gotten the chance to sniff up this lovely scent, I suggest you run to your nearest perfumery and give it a try. Daisy is a lovely, girly but also fresh Eau de Toilette that can be bought in several sizes and occasionally comes in special editions. The other Daisy, which is also lovely, was not created by Marc Jacobs, nor is it a fragrance: It is a little felt dangle my sister made me for the same birthday, and it went with a book called The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Steven Chbosky (which I'm sure you all know about). 

Like you might have read on my blog, I quite like the phenomenon Snailmail. I send letters to penpals in other countries, and when I do I like to send little tea bags with them. Preferably Dutch Tea, because that's certainly a flavour they haven't tasted yet. To be honest, I even made tea bags for my tea bags... Yeah... I don't know what that says about my life... I just make these tiny little envelopes to put tea in to send to my lovely foreign friends. From what I've heard so far, they really like it. So I suppose I will just continue making tea bag-bags. Oh, God. (I truly like making those, though! Maybe I'll post a tutorial some day. They would also look really nice on gifts, if you are one of those extensive present-wrappers like myself.)

You can nag me all day about this, but I still stand with my old opinion that DVD's will always be better than streaming or downloading. It just feels that little bit more special! Like, I may watch a movie or series online at first: But when I truly, truly love it, I will buy the DVD. No questions asked. It is quite stressful though, when others don't feel as you do. For example when you're looking for the disc, and people say "Oh, it's okay! We can just download it." No. That is just not happening, I'm sorry. Just like when you've still got an old video tape of a Disney movie. That movie will be watched through the use of our old VCR player and I will not argue with you. As you can see in the photo, this DVD is a sample from my Once Upon a Time Season 1 box. If there's any TV series I find DVD worthy, it's Once Upon a Time. For reasons I am sure you will discover in blog posts that are still to come. :)

I would understand if some of you have no clue whatsoever why I call a fork a Dinglehopper, but I would also be slightly surprised :p A dinglehopper, of course, is the fork Ariel uses in The Little Mermaid by Disney to comb her hair. I love Disney, I love The Little Mermaid, and the word Dinglehopper was somehow the first word that popped into my head when I started thinking of objects starting with the letter D. On that note, I think I'll end this blog post with my favourite song of the movie ♥




I genuinely hope you like reading these posts, because I truly love writing them. Have a nice day! 

Love,
Eva 

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird