Saturday 22 March 2014

The Fault In Our Stars

Hi everybody!

How is everyone doing this Saturday? I had a bit of a rough time the past few days, for personal reasons, but I'm feeling much better today :) Good enough, at least, to update my Instagram Alphabet!


Some days ago I posted F on my Instagram and it got quite a lot of likes, so here is the blog post provided! F is for The Fault in our Stars, Friendship Bracelet, Feather, Flower and Frizz-Ease.

Let's start with the Friendship Bracelet, shall we? It is a bracelet I bought together with my Spanish exchange student Ana when she stayed with me in the Netherlands. Before we met we had no idea that we would become such great friends. We had completely different interests and barely understood one another when speaking over Whatsapp. But during the two weeks we spent together, both in Spain and in Holland, we had so much fun that we shred tears when we had to say goodbye to one another. I couldn't have wished for a better exchange experience with her and I still miss her to this day. (It's been almost a year since we last saw each other) We may not ever meet again, but I hold the memories very dearly.

The Fault in our Stars by John Green... Let me flash back to last summer when I opened this book for the first time after having it stand on my bookshelf for weeks: I opened it and couldn't stop reading. I love, love, love the book so much for its light ambiance. Although it is quite a sad book, the characters are very light-minded and funny. It completely changes the way you look at the world, which, for me, makes it a worthwhile read. The minute I finished the book I couldn't stop talking about it and nearly forced my best friend to read it as well. She did, and she, too, loved it to bits.

What is there to say about a Feather other than it is, well, a feather? My sister collects feathers and they stand in a little glass jar on her nightstand. It's quite pretty to look at and it suits the other objects standing next to it. (Old books, dried roses, little bird skulls, and pretty stones) It gives me the feeling of magic, and I'm not entirely sure why. This feather I randomly picked, by the way. It is in no way the prettiest she has ;)

Now this is where I can start getting really excited over little things again :) Flowers! I absolutely love everything that has to do with spring and summer (except maybe wasps and mosquitoes) and thus also flowers. ✿ You have no idea how happy it makes me when the birds start chirping again and the sun starts rising earlier in the morning and the flowers pop up out of the soil. It's just the way little flowers dance in the wind, or the way my cat plays with them in the garden and the way bees work their asses off to pollinate them. When I'm older I wish to have a beautiful garden full of flowers of all sorts, a bit like my grandpa's. He is constantly busy planting and taking care of the flowers in his garden, and the results I and my family get to enjoy during the warmer seasons. It's been that way ever since I can remember, and I love how some things simply never change.

I am a girl with long, curly hair, and sometimes (more than I'd like to admit) that hair needs taming. A product I love to use for this is Frizz-Ease by John Frieda. From what I understand there are several products of his sharing this name, and the one I have is called Secret Agent Perfecting Crème. To quote what is written on the tube: "It tames frizz and smoothes dry ends." This product can be used for both straight or curly hairstyles, and it smells delicious. :)

Just to get back to the flowers one last time, I would like to add this lovely song (also starting with the F) by the Lumineers. The first time I heard it was in an episode of Reign and I fell in love with both the song and the scene. It's called Flowers In Your Hair, and the scene is absolutely adorable. For those of you who watch Reign, it's the scene where little prince Charles says "She even smells nice." about Mary in the carriage. Francis replies to this with a sigh and a lovesick "I know." It is so light-hearted, just hearing the song can make your day at least 10% better.
















And on that note I'd like to wish you all a great weekend!

With love,
Eva

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird