Wednesday 12 March 2014

You're the B's Knees

Time for a little update on my Instagram-alphabet. As you may have read in two of my previous blogposts, I've started a project in which I create collages of objects I found in/around my house and photograph them for my Instagram account. As I am running a little behind on blog posts compared to photos, I'm planning on doing two today :) So, here's B!

B is for Bikini, Bulb, Bathballistic, Banana, Bracelet and Bunting. Yup, I created a funny face :) 
The bikini I bought last year and it is my absolute favourite ♥ It is from H&M and it's super comfortable. Also; I just love the colour and pattern so much! I'm not even sure what it is, exactly? Stars or something? I just know that I love it to bits. 
Look at that teeny little bulb! Isn't it adorable? I was looking for a light bulb inside my house and my sister came running up to me with this little thing. She told me it was originally from her sowing machine, but that it was broken so I could use it. I had never seen such a cute (and old) little light bulb before. Funny, isn't it? How such little (pun not intended) things can bring a smile onto my face? :)
Bathballistic! This is one came from one my favourite shops on earth: Lush. For those of you who do not know this glorious company; it is a bath and cosmetics shop that sells handmade products that smell absolutely delicious. Just walking by their shop makes your heart pound a faster; it is the best place to go when you're out shopping in the city, even if you're just popping by to sniff their new products. Added to this, the people of Lush are strictly against animal testing; and thus no bunnies had to suffer for your shampoo or moisturizer. Sadly, though, the prices of the products tend to be quite high in result of their friendly manufacturing. So when you're popping by at the Lush shop, be prepared to burn a hole in your pocket.
Banana! As much as I love seeing them in photographs because they give that summer-feeling; I absolutely HATE bananas. I don't like eating them, I don't like smelling them and above all I hate touching them. (When the peel's off, obviously...) It doesn't matter how convinced you are that I will like your smoothie despite the fact that it has bananas in it; I won't. It's been that way since I was little, and it's still that way today. I did love it in this photograph, hence why it's in there along with the other objects.
The bracelet I bought a little more than a year ago, at a shop called Newyorker. It's got little skull beads and has a light blue colour. I truly like it, but I don't wear it as often. When it comes to jewelry I am much more fond of necklaces. I think that is mainly because you don't feel it all the time, and it doesn't start hurting or annoying your skin. You know when you're writing a paper for school and it hits the table all the time? Yeah, no thanks. I love bracelets, just not that much at school.
Last but not least, there is my adorable bunting. Oh! That also reminds me of my next crafting project :) I was planning on making my own little bunting to send to my penpals in Turkey, China and England. There's just something about bunting that I love. Each year, on my birthday, my mum asks me if I still want to have the flags up. Yes. I will NEVER celebrate my birthday without bunting. It's just part of the celebration! If you don't agree with me, then I'd need an entire essay from you in order to prove your point. The bunting in the photo comes from a special published by the mind-style magazine Flow. It is a magazine my mum has been reading for years now, and I always steal her copies once she's done reading them. It is truly the prettiest magazine I know of. It's also often filled with paper-goodies, and I am a maniac when it comes to pretty paper. (Seriously, you should see my snailmail-box... It's a scary addiction to have...)

With love,
Eva



No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird