Thursday 28 May 2015

John's gonna help me go blonder


Or at least, so he says...

Hi everyone!

I recently took a little trip to my local drugstore to pick up some products that would help me get lighter hair for the summer. My natural hair is blonde, but the kind that will look kind of red-ish when paired with certain lighting or clothing. It's not that I don't like my hair colour, I just saw fun in changing it up a little bit for this year's summer. :)

Online I searched to find what product would help me best, and many people recommended John Frieda's Go Blonder product line. There are several products for this: A shampoo, a conditioner, a mask-conditioner (correct me if I'm wrong) and a spray. As I was on a budget, I thought it to be best to just to start out with the spray and see how things would go from there.

However, walking into the store I was greeted by a lovely sign stating that the second John Frieda product would get 50% off! Plus, a free cute totebag. You understand, I couldn't just leave it at one spray then.. ;)

So, I ended up getting the spray and the shampoo, so that I can still use the conditioner that helps enhance my curls. 

A short description for each of the products (as written on the package)

John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Lightening Shampoo:
"Gradually lightens your hair up to 2 shades (when using all the products in the line). For all blondes." It is a formula with citrus and chamomile, which visibly lightens for a shimmery, sun-kissed blonde. The look I was searching for. :) It renews the hair's healthy look and feel. It does not contain ammonia or peroxide.
Directions: "Apply shampoo to wet hair, lather, rinse well." And then it says some things that are mainly focussed on marketing and on getting you to buy more products ;)

The product also has a lovely smell to it, which I really liked. It's a thick shampoo, and you don't need to use lots for one wash. I love that! With other shampoos, I need to use sooo much product to get enough for my long hair. This, I think, is concentrated, as it becomes a lot 'more' once rubbed into your hair with water. 

John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Controlled Lightening Spray:
"Permanently lightens blonde hair. For blondes only." So, we have quite a different product here. Although it says, 'permanently', I don't think that should frighten you so much. It's not an intensive bleach. However, you should pay attention to how to use this product, as its contents are quite different compared to those of the product above. It is an exclusive peroxide lightening formula, with citrus and chamomile, and it will work best when combined with heating tools. It will lighten and brighten your hair, up to one and a half shades. Gradually lightens in 3-5 uses. The package claims that the maximum lightening occurs after no more than 10 uses. This product also contains thermo-protectant, which is really useful as it works best when paired with a hairdryer, straighteners or curling tongs. It clarifies that you should not use this product on natural brown or darker shades of hair, intensively bleached hair or platinum or white shades of blonde hair. 
Directions: "For best results, after conditioning, spray thoroughly on towel-dried hair, then style as desired. For optimal lightening, use a hair straightener or curling tong after blow-drying. Only use once between hair washings. Use only on clean, wet hair. Use no more than ten times between colourings. There are actually several ways you can use this product. Namely if you want an allover lightening, like me, or just root-blending or highlights. The package explains all you have to do to achieve these goals, so if you're looking to get anything for these purposes, there you go! 

I will update you all on what the results are for me, as I've only used the products twice. Personally, I see a little difference already. My friends say they don't, so the difference is probably minimal as of now. I'm excited to see how much lighter it will get still. 

I hope you liked reading a post like this, it's a little different from what I usually write about. Nothing wrong with changing things up a little ;)

Love you lots!

Eva

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird