Saturday 25 April 2015

American Friday

With an early start again today, waking up with a bowl of cereal, I got to join CeCe to Pingree once more. With the same ritual as the previous days we were taken to the bus-stop, hopped on the yellow bus and were dropped off in front of the school. On Mondays and Fridays, Pingree starts the schoolday a little differently. All the students gather in the auditorium for morning-meeting; usually set up around a theme. Today's theme was Chinese New Year, even though that was in February. The woman announcing it claimed that it was belated because of the numerous snow-days they had had during the winter. First of all, the teachers gave kind of a silly, Chinese fashion show, which the students could laugh about. Then a video was played about several Chinese facts, and it was created by students as well. The 'silly' thing kind of continues onto this. After the video was shown, twenty people were called upstage to go against each other in a kind of game-show quiz idea. It was quite fun to watch! Last but not least, they had people come up to stage to race against each other in the 'chopstick challenge', wherein every component had to move three popcorns from one plate to another by the use of the chopsticks. After this the bell rang, meaning that the classes would soon begin.

It's kind of strange that I can't remember this, but I don't really know the order in which things happened today anymore... :p I think we started with Chemistry, where there was a guest-teacher trying out for possible job at Pingree. He was a very friendly teacher and very enthusiastic about teaching as well. Even though I didn't understand a thing about the chemistry, I'm sure he must have been enjoyable for the class. After this, again if I am writing this correctly, CeCe had like an hour off, so we had the time to get a drink, finish the last bits of her project and get me a Pingree sportshirt. I'm already starting to think that I've the order of today all messed up, but I'll just leave it like this for now. ;) When the time came for a short break we had tortilla-chips with chili-sauce, and it was awesome. Like, I wish we were just provided snacks and drinks and lunch out our school in that way. After this CeCe had another free period, which we used to go see the dance-class. They were practicing for their spring performance, and because they were almost finished I couldn't join, but I still got to watch and that was fun as well! So after that we had lunch. (this is a mess, nothing about this is correct, I'm so sorry!) Quesadillas and ice-cream. I was in heaven. Wishing that such a thing could be possible at our school as well. After that was Spanish and History, and I am quite certain that those were the last classes, so at least I'm sure about that ;) CeCe would still have two hours of Lacrosse practice, so Amy picked me up and dropped me off at the house where I read in Since You've Been Gone for a little while. I'm really starting to love that book already! At 4:30 Amy, Carson and I went to go pick up Deuce at a friend's house and then CeCe and Bryan (her boyfriend) from school again so that we could go to the mall. CeCe, Bryan and I had dinner there at Chicken-Fill-A while Amy, Carson and Deuce went out for dinner and a movie elsewhere. After food we popped into Forever 21 in search of a dress and shoes to wear to the semi-formals which will be tomorrow. It's quite funny how their dance starts at around 7 and finishes at about 9:30, while in the Netherlands 9:30 would kind of mean the beginning of it! It probably has its reasons. ;) When we succeeded in shopping there we looked around in a shop called the Brainstore for a very long time. It's this really cool shop where they have all kinds of interesting games and puzzles to get your brain-flow going. They had everything! It was one of those shops that both kids and adults would get lost in. Plus, you could like try almost everything in there out for yourself! So we spent a very long time goofing around in there. Just before closing time we went to go get a frozen yoghurt at Tutti Frutti, and it is soooo delicious. I honestly think that I will leave America all blown up by food because there's just so much good stuff that I love to try!!

So tomorrow I'll be travelling through the states with Amy and CeCe to visit the University of New England in southern Maine. A university situated directly at the coast, which should be nice! And then at night we'll have the dance. I'm really looking forward to it all!

Goodnight!
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird