Friday 24 April 2015

Helping out at Breuer & Co.

I was very thankful to have my alarm set for 7 o'clock today, and even more thankful that I slept the whole way through to it. Starting the day with a good night's sleep and toast with eggs and bacon for breakfast made a huge difference for the rest of it. So today was going to be the day I joined Amy to her office. Firstly we had to drop off CeCe at the busstop in Boxford like we'd done the day before, and then Amy and I continued on to the highway to get to Wakefield. Her office building was situated in a park called Edgewater, and she informed me that it used to be an amusement park until somewhere in the 1960's. So it actually used to look like this:









And now it looks like this:


























At her work she first gave me a tour of the very fancy building, and I was introduced to many of her colleagues. They were all very friendly, and interested in my being from the Netherlands and all. ;) Breuer is the name of the main company that Amy works for, but that can be divided under two subgroups. One of which is Veracross, and that is the one situated in this building, and so the one Amy works for. It is a company that creates software for international preparatory schools. So for example, Pingree is one of the schools they work with, but the International School of Amsterdam is as well! After introductions and a tour we got coffee and tea and started a much needed task. As the company had just moved into this pretty new building (I'm telling you, marble in the lobby, golden elevators, fountains, you name it!) There were still a lot of things that needed to be unboxed and sorted out in the building, so I was glad to help out with that. I actually like organising things, so long as it's not my own room, so I quite enjoyed doing this with Amy and her colleagues. For lunch we went downstairs into a large cafeteria and ordered a wrap and some fries. We ate it looking out to this big pond from he windows in the lunchroom. Not long after lunch and some more organising DeWitt and Carson came to pick me up, and we drove back to Georgetown together. While all the guys went out for a couple of hours, I met with miss Flynn again, who came to clean up the house a little. She was upset about missing her soap operas due to a trip to the doctor's, but was glad that she could still see her talkshow (of which I can't remember the name at present). She knew all the make-up do's and don't's, and so got to say 'didn't I tell you so' each time after the 'expert' on tv showed us on her clients. We talked about dressing and shopping some more, and right before she left I took on some reading in Since You've Been Gone. I'm really enjoying it so far!

Thereafter I went on a short shopping-spree to Crosby's with DeWitt to get the last things for dinner and dessert. Because, I don't know if it's just because I'm here, every day is a dessert day here! For dinner we had spaghetti with meatballs, garlic-bread, salad and grapes. Dessert was brownie and ice cream for me <3. When dinner was finished I helped CeCe a little bit with her history project, as she needed to make a big poster and I could lend a hand by cutting out some pictures and texts. Tomorrow will be another day at Pingree for me again, so I'd better go to sleep!

Goodnight!!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird