Saturday 11 April 2015

9 More Days!

Although I'm still having a hard time believing it myself, I'm going to have to get 'round to realising that there are only 9 more days left before my plane takes off to the States!

It's amazing how quickly time flies, and it kind of makes it all that bit more scary. I will be travelling to Boston all on my own on the 20th of April, making it my first ever solo-trip. How exciting!! I'm really hoping to share my experience with you all while I'm there, which will be until the 4th of May. This also means that I will be sharing my birthday, on the 2nd of May, without a single family member! Still, I'm optimistic and sure that I will have a terrific time with my host family and that they will take great care of me. It's going to be amazing!

Wait a minute... Did I even tell you all about what I'm going to do there and why? I think not! Well, here it goes:

I've been following a bilingual programme at my school in the Netherlands since I was 12 years old. This programme requires all of the students to go on an international work placement for at least one week. It's really awesome, because over the next couple of weeks my classmates and friends will be all over the world! Some are going to America, some to England, others to Africa and the Himalayas or Australia and New Zealand! It's insane! For my work placement I will be joining the girl I will be staying with in America to her private High School in South-Hamilton. How cool is that? A real American high school! Let me tell you, my expectations are super high! ;) Then for the rest of the week I will probably join her mother to her work to help the company she works for with a great move. The next week is completely up for fun, exploring and meeting other people. So basically, these promise to be some very special weeks for me! :)

Strangely enough, it's the travelling by plane itself that makes me the most nervous. I've only ever flown on a plane once, and that was with about 30 of my closest friends for a class exchange. However, this time I will be flying absolutely solo. It's not exactly the flying itself that I'm nervous about, rather the things that I need to do at the airport in order to get on the right plane! :') Finding gates, going through security and whatnot. I genuinely believe that I will become a whole different person after this experience. So much more independent and world-wise than before.

Fingers crossed for a safe trip and that I won't forget to pack anything important!

Lots of love, and I will keep you updated!

Eva

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird