Monday 27 April 2015

Time off

I wasn't really sure what the title should be for this post, as I don't see my 'internships' here as something like work or school that I have to go to. I love experiencing it all! Today was just a day with nothing planned for me to do, so I could use that time to relax and hang out around the house. So I grasped that opportunity with both hands and slept in this morning. I had a slow start, chatting with my family back home, taking a shower, making myself some breakfast and things like that. Honestly, I spent the rest of the day on the sofa where I'm staying downstairs. I wrapped myself up in a blanket and surrounded myself with my laptop, a book, a magazine and my phone and just had some quality leisure-time. Understandably, there's not much for me to write about here.

For dinner the Purcell's had guests coming over. They were Paul, Donna and Jilly, and I forgot about their last name. They live in Georgetown as well, and CeCe and Jilly used to go to school together until they both went their separate ways. However, Jilly goes to a dancing school in Boston six days a week, so they hardly see each other. Today was a lucky day for them all that they were able to have a get-together and I was glad to be a part of it because I had a really good time. I really liked that they talked about subjects such as books and films a lot, because those were definitely conversations I could join in. That is, rather than sports, which I can only listen to.

So that about sums up my day. A very simple day, but lovely nonetheless!

Goodnight, all!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird