Sunday 4 May 2014

Happy (belated) Birthday to Me!

That's right. Last Friday, on the second of May, I turned 16! Obviously, I didn't have much time during the day itself to blog... Neither did I yesterday, as that was my aunt's birthday and I went to visit her in the afternoon. My promise to blog about dancing and exercise still stands, it has just been delayed for a while as I wanted to talk about my birthday first :)

So, what's it like? Being sixteen?

To be quite honest, just changing the number in my Instagram profile felt quite exhilarating! Somehow there's just a really large difference in saying you're fifteen and saying you're sixteen. It sounds so much older! I don't feel older than I was three days ago, though ;) Only fatter, because of the large amount of nice food I consumed on my special day. (Not to mention the days after; because that's when the real party begins... When you're being left alone with a sick pile of leftovers it's excruciatingly hard to control yourself)

Let's talk food first, shall we? ♥

For my birthday I had three different types of dessert/pastry. My mum baked a lovely apple pie (the Dutch kind), and my sister Annick and I made these yummy blueberry cupcakes from Sally's Baking Addiction. Along with those two, we also ordered a strawberry flan from a pastry shop nearby. I absolutely LOVE pastries and desserts, and I find it more than essential on my birthday. (Or any holiday/celebration, to be fair!)

Recently my mum asked me this question: "What do you like most about celebrating your birthday?" Now of course, I went and told her the proper thing to answer, which is "the attention and nice people that come over". But let's face it: We can all agree that the best thing about birthdays is that you get presents. I mean, who doesn't like getting gifts? So here's what I've been lucky enough to get this year :)

My mum gave me something I've been wanting badly for quite some time now, after seeing a commercial video on the internet. She gave me an instant camera!! Namely a Fujifilm Instax mini 90. Yup, it's one of those cameras where your photo comes rolling out the instant you take it. Isn't that exciting?!?? I certainly think so! I haven't tried it out yet, because the films are quite expensive and I don't want to waste them on silly pictures ;) I'm not going to use it for random photographs like I do with my normal/digital camera. With this one you've got to really think economically and artistically about the photo you're taking and I love that about it. So I'm waiting for a special day to use it for the first time. Perhaps on my birthday party in two weeks?

Fujifilm Instax Mini 90

My brother was sweet enough to buy me new tools for crafting :) I've really gotten into crafting this year, especially crafting in relation to snailmail. So I truly loved that he gave me new tools for this ♥ He gave me several sets of cute tape, crafting paper, mustache stamps and also bubble blowers for my Coachella birthday party.

My sister got me an adorable little shoulder bag from Monki with little cats on it. And I love using smaller bags like that when I'm shopping. I tend to get claustrophobic when I have to carry a lot of things in my hands, so small bags that I don't have to worry about carrying are perfect for me. She also made me a beautiful drawing, in fact a portrait of me! I think I'm going to scan it into my computer at some point to use on my blog. :)
Photo from Monki.com
Later in the evening my brother's girlfriend Denise surprised me with a Lush bath ballistic and a Mockingjay-pin-necklace. ♥ Two things I love to bits: Lush, and The Hunger Games. She really knows me, haha!

I had a lovely birthday and I hope you enjoyed reading about it, too. 

Lots of love! I'm going to have another cupcake :')

- Eva

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird