Sunday 27 April 2014

We're going to Coachella baby!

...Or, Coachella is coming to us, really!

Hi everybody ♥

In a few days I'm going to turn 16! Yup, it's happening. On the 2nd of May I will (hopefully) wake up to some lovely presents. But what excites me most about my birthday this year, is the fact that I get to throw a party! I am ecstatic to celebrate my birthday with lots of friends this year, as I usually just have little get-together's with my closest friends. I think the main reason that I'm so excited is because I've had this idea for over a year now. Let's get it out there first:

I'm throwing a Coachella party! ✿

I've been obsessed with this festival for quite a while, and I just constantly wished I could go there! So now that my sixteenth birthday is coming up, I decided to throw an Indie festival themed party. I love Indie music, and I love flower crowns. (Can you see me jumping up and down out of excitement?) So I invited some friends from school, some old friends and also potential friends. (I deserve an applause for daring to walk up to them and handing them the invite... God that was nerve-wrecking!)

For those of you who have no idea what the hell I'm talking about: Coachella is an annual music and arts festival in California, mostly known for the great amount of celebrities that attend each year. Vanessa Hudgens, for example, is a very popular guest of Coachella. It's basically paradise, in my view. There's Indie and Funk music (which I adore), there's summer activities, there's delicious food and most importantly of all: Everyone is dressed like Hippies. No, not the standard old school hippie. You should see it more as a hipster kind of thing. Flower crowns, face art, bustiers/bralets, crop tops, shorts, tank tops and so on and so on. It's basically a goldmine of fashion, and how could I not be in love with that?
Photo credits: not mine

Vanessa Hudgens and boyfriend Austin Butler at Coachella (also not my photo)


Of course my birthday party will be nothing like the above, but at least I will feel a little bit closer to that dream of actually going there someday. I truly hope my friends will enjoy it as much as I do. So far I've got my music covered, my flower crown and sunglasses have been purchased, my outfit I will try to find tomorrow and practical things like cups and food and decoration still need working on. But I am loving the preparation. Seriously; if I'm not lucky enough to become an acknowledged writer when I'm older, I'd be up for a job as party planner. This might sound a little spoiled, but I've always been the type of person that when wanting something; I make sure I get it. In a sense that I myself try to make it happen. Not that I make the people around me do it for me. If I want to do something; I'm ready to get myself to do it. I don't give up easily. You have a dream? That's cute! You're gonna have to make it happen all by yourself. That's a motto I like to live by, I suppose. (and I literally just made it up) I have no interest in sitting around, waiting for things to happen. I want to make them happen.

I know, I know... Sometimes that's a little unrealistic. But hey, at least I've got a fire of motivation inside myself, right? Speaking of motivation, in my next blog post I will talk to you all about my passion for dancing and exercising :) You want a healthy body? Make it happen! The world can be cruel but there are some things that we can control. So you better grab life by the lapels and do the best you can to make your life the best it can be.

Wow... I should run for president :p I suppose I'm in a mood? Haha!

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed reading this!

With love,

Eva

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird