Thursday 18 August 2016

Special Summer Drink

Hi everyone!

Are you all enjoying this late summer?

I know I am! The heat has become more bearable and is, in my opinion, much nicer to spend days outside in. Gotta love August. :)


The following drink that I'd like to share the recipe of with you has been my go-to refresher this entire summer! I started drinking it as a kick-me-up sweet drink to sip from whilst studying my ass off in order to graduate... Well, I graduated! I don't want to put all of the credits into this drink but it is pretty great. ;)

Best enjoyed during sunny summer days, but I think it could be just as nice on a particularly perky Spring afternoon! It's incredibly easy to make and requires only three real ingredients, to be honest. Everything else is completely up to you and you can make it as spectacular or festive as you wish. :)

Recipe:

Required ingredients:

- Ice cubes
- Festini Strawberry (Ola) or a similar type of strawberry popsicle
- Elderflower Syrup
- Refrigerated water
- Scavenged fruit for extra taste and decoration: I.e. strawberries, blueberries, blackberries or lemon (Optional)


Instructions:

1. In a tall lemonade glass, or a mason jar if you have one, add ice cubes until it's approximately filled for 1/4 part.

2. Add the Festini popsicle (still on the stick) and let rest between the ice cubes.

3. Pour the elderflower syrup onto your ice cubes. Elderflower syrup can be incredibly sweet, so pour with care and to your liking. You can always add to the mixture and stir if you end up wanting it to be more sweet.

4. Fill up the rest of your glass with previously refrigerated water. Key is that the drink is nice and cold!

5. By the time you filled up the glass with water, the popsicle will have started softening. Use a fork to 'shave' it off its stick and mix with the cold lemonade.

6. For serving, and taste, I like to add leftover fruit that I find in my fridge. I've learned that fresh strawberries, blueberries and blackberries match really nicely! Lemon gives it a great extra sour tone, which may be nice to take focus off the sweetness of this drink. It's also great for decoration only, I would say. :)


I created this recipe myself, if you have anything you would like to share that could make this even more refreshing then don't hesitate to let me know! Would love to see you make this too! :) Tag me in your Instagram photos, at @evazuring.

See you for my next post?

Love,

Eva

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird