Tuesday 2 September 2014

School Book Haul





















Hi everybody!

Tomorrow I will start not only my fifth year of high school, but I will also be going into my fifth year of bilingual education. The level of English keeps rising, obviously, and now that I have both my FCE- as well as CAE certificates, I'm going to start the IB Programme. This is a school programme originally designed for native speakers, but they provide it at our school anyways.

A lot of literature is involved, and I'm actually very excited about this! As a writer, I'm very keen on learning more and more about how a book is constructed. Foreshadowing, figurative language, double meanings and literary aspects are all things that intrigue me, because I'd love to be capable of using that myself as well. So I'm actually really excited about these books that landed in my mailbox today. :)

Over the course of the IB Programme, which lasts two years, we will be reading and analysing these four books at school:

Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller
The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
Slaughterhouse 5 by Kurt Vonnegut
The Complete Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi

What will you be reading for school this year?

Love you lots,

Eva

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird